Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's the First of the Month

And ya know what I do each first day of the month??

1.  I wake up and say "Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit".  According to Mary Kay Andrews (my favorite author), it's good luck. 

2.  I open up a new thing of contacts. 

3.  I pay my phone bill. 

4.  I change my decorative towels in the half bath. 

Yup, the beginning of each month I change out the decorative towels in our half bath.  Note; they aren't hand towels...I have a separate towel hanging up for that =)  These are strictly for decoration. 

Once again, this is free advertising for Pomegranate
Sorry, didn't mean to give you a complete glimpse of my toilet. 

These were the towels last month:
I bet you certainly couldn't have guessed that my Christmas towels said "Joy" on them.

And these are what went up today:

Of course every month isn't holiday related.  I have sea turtles, elephants, fishies, Fleur DE Li's, and the list goes on. 

Hubby has never once noticed that I change these out every month.   Unfortunately for me, he just peeked over my shoulder and asked, "Are those in my bathroom".  I'm busted. 

I'm not sure why, but I always look forward to changing these out.  I think this is a sure sign that I'm kind of a domestic loser. 

4 comments:

Home Is Where the Hart Is said...

Hold the phone! I was at the Mary Kay Andrews book signing too! She's one of my favorite chick lit authors and I think she's just adorbs! Please tell me you've read Blue Christmas because it's my favorite!
(Wow that was a lot of !)
Anyway, I decorate for just about any holiday I can and I always like to change the towels in our half bath too...although my Valentine decor (what little I have of it) has been out for about a week and a half now. I like holiday decorations and like to enjoy it as much as possible. :)

Ellen FHR said...

Joy, you are so cute! I wish I was 1/10 as domestic as you are!!!

EMILY said...

Ahhh... my roommate in college would always say "rabbit, rabbit!"... she is from Richmond!

Mary Carolyn Rentz said...

Laughing out loud, you never cease to amaze me! Love the blog, love you!,,,