Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tagged

A few weeks ago, I was awarded with the Stylish Blogger Award by Mary Allison over at Southern Sober Girl Runs.  Sorry I'm so late MA, it's been on my to-do list. 

I'm supposed to:

1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself - I'm going from silly to serious.

3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers - ummm, might be more like 3 or 4 and calling others out who haven't revealed their 7 yet. 
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won

Alright, he we go.

1. I own every season of X-Files on DVD
   Along with this collection includes: Newlyweds, Reba, The Girls Next Door and Hogan Knows Best.  If I didnt' have DVR and Netflix, CSI and Dexter would also be in my possession. 

2. I also own and LOVE High School Musical 1, 2, and 3...but 2 and 3 are my favorite.  I even work out to some of the songs from the soundtrack.

3.  I love red wine, but I only drink red wine if I have ice in it. 
   Yes, you should see the looks I get when we are in a nice restaurant and I start dropping ice cubes into my red wine.  I'm very close to pouring diet coke into red wine too. 

4.  When I've had one too many glasses of red wine, I go home and watch my DVD's of Michael Jackson music videos.  I study, dance and sing to them...by myself.  Hmmm, that could be TMI. 

5.  The townhouse where we live backs up to my old elementary school.  At recess, I used to play along the back fence line of my now home.  If I were to get in a time machine, go back and tell the 8 year old Joy that one day she was going to live here, I definitely woulda said, "Uh, no way, I'm never moving out of my mommy's house". 


6.  My mom passed away 10 years ago from an extremely rare cancer that one out of every one million people get.  On average, there are about 300 new patients each year. It puts a new meaning to the phrase, "she was one in a million".  When people ask me what type of cancer my mom had, I have a hard time explaining it since they don't have an exact "name" for the type of cancer yet because of its rarity.

7.  The thing I am the most proud of about myself is my name.  I was named after my grandmother "Joy" and my great grandmother "Frances", I never had the chance to meet either women.  I have always been so proud to be named after them that I couldn't drop my middle name when I got married.  Instead I dropped my maiden name Glass, (hence the name "A Glass Act").  I hope my daughter will be just as proud to be named after her grandmothers as I have been.

Wow, I could go on but I'll leave you with these last 2:

-I should  note that when Michael J. Fox passes away, I will lock myself in my room for a week.  I'm a tad bit obsessed with him.

- I don't have a career bone in my body.  My main goals in life are to be a good wife and a loving mother. 

Hmmm, ok, I'm pretty sure My Life As A Dancologist and Sweet Expectations were tagged but haven't done theirs yet.  Oh and Katherine at Just Lovely, I know your busy and all, but I'm tagging you again too. 
And Life, Love and Polka Dots, I'm sure you've done like a million of these since you've been blogging for like 2 years, but I haven't had time to go back and read your older post.

Happy Wednesday!
Joy D.

6 comments:

Home Is Where the Hart Is said...

First, that's really sad about your Mom. How awful for your family. :(
Second, if you like x-files have you ever watched fringe? I only started watching because I 1) LOVE Joshua Jackson and 2) an old friend of mine was a guest star on 1 ep in the first season. Anyway, I wasn't an x-files watcher but this is kinda like x-files I think...I like it. And JJ is some great eye candy!
(Btw, how sad there's no more newlyweds.) Girls Next Door...I have all those seasons too! And the Hogan's lived about 5 minutes from me in FL. I used to see them at the mall, in Target, etc all the time. Very nice people!
It sounds like we have a lot in common because I love HSM too!
I don't think it's odd you put ice in wine...and when I was in Spain they used to mix Coca Lite (Diet Coke) with red wine ALL the time. I didn't like the taste, but other people did.
Oh....and I LOVE MJF too! He's the best! (and I'm very sensative when it comes to Parkinsons because my grandfater had it)

Ellen FHR said...

Ms. Frances, I was also named Frances after my grandmother, whom I never met. I love that name so much, too, and I feel very honored to have it. I kept Frances AND Hinkel when I got married, so now I have 4 names :) Thanks for the tag! I will have to get on that!!

Amy Coates@ SweetExpectations8 or TheClassroomPet.blogspot.com said...

Ms. Joy!! I can't lie - I love High School Musical as much as you do and will admit that I also have songs on my ipod! :)

You are too sweet!

Amy Coates@ SweetExpectations8 or TheClassroomPet.blogspot.com said...

Oh and ps... thanks for the tag!! I will work on that tomorrow! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for tagging me! :) Hopefully this will inspire me to blog this week. I have been so busy with wedding stuff and I just need to find time to blog! I have my first dress fitting tomorrow at the seamstress! eek! Love you!

April said...

Hey Joy! I'm a first time commenter. : ) I used to watch Reba all the time and I loved Newlyweds! I have Newlyweds on DVD, but I was actually watching some of it on youtube this weekend. It's still amusing!