I'm supposed to:
1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself - I'm going from silly to serious.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers - ummm, might be more like 3 or 4 and calling others out who haven't revealed their 7 yet.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won
Alright, he we go.
1. I own every season of X-Files on DVD
2. I also own and LOVE High School Musical 1, 2, and 3...but 2 and 3 are my favorite. I even work out to some of the songs from the soundtrack.
3. I love red wine, but I only drink red wine if I have ice in it.
4. When I've had one too many glasses of red wine, I go home and watch my DVD's of Michael Jackson music videos. I study, dance and sing to them...by myself. Hmmm, that could be TMI.
5. The townhouse where we live backs up to my old elementary school. At recess, I used to play along the back fence line of my now home. If I were to get in a time machine, go back and tell the 8 year old Joy that one day she was going to live here, I definitely woulda said, "Uh, no way, I'm never moving out of my mommy's house".
6. My mom passed away 10 years ago from an extremely rare cancer that one out of every one million people get. On average, there are about 300 new patients each year. It puts a new meaning to the phrase, "she was one in a million". When people ask me what type of cancer my mom had, I have a hard time explaining it since they don't have an exact "name" for the type of cancer yet because of its rarity.
7. The thing I am the most proud of about myself is my name. I was named after my grandmother "Joy" and my great grandmother "Frances", I never had the chance to meet either women. I have always been so proud to be named after them that I couldn't drop my middle name when I got married. Instead I dropped my maiden name Glass, (hence the name "A Glass Act"). I hope my daughter will be just as proud to be named after her grandmothers as I have been.
Wow, I could go on but I'll leave you with these last 2:
-I should note that when Michael J. Fox passes away, I will lock myself in my room for a week. I'm a tad bit obsessed with him.
- I don't have a career bone in my body. My main goals in life are to be a good wife and a loving mother.
Hmmm, ok, I'm pretty sure My Life As A Dancologist and Sweet Expectations were tagged but haven't done theirs yet. Oh and Katherine at Just Lovely, I know your busy and all, but I'm tagging you again too.
And Life, Love and Polka Dots, I'm sure you've done like a million of these since you've been blogging for like 2 years, but I haven't had time to go back and read your older post.