Thursday, February 17, 2011

Magazines Please

So, I kinda get a lot of magazines.  Maybe you've noticed a couple of spots for them around my house. 

In my bedroom

In the "nice" living room

I think that's why I like reading blogs so much, it's like I get to read a whole bunch of magazine articles everyday!!

I found this picnic basket in our basement.  It definitely came from a pile of stuff from my dad's house.
I'm sad to report that this picnic basket has NEVER been used for a picnic.  It fact it was never used at all =(  Poor basket.  It was going to go in the trash. But now it is serving a purpose in my office. 

This chair is 2nd in line to get reupholstered...when I get a lil more spending ching ching.  Till then,  it has a throw on it to make it blend in a lil more.  

And then I was having a major problem with my magazines in the TV room.
They are usually scattered all over the floor, but I made a nice clean stack just for this pic.  The chair on the right IS next in line to get reupholstered.  I'm having my friend Beth's mom do it as soon as my fabric goes back on sale:

My friend dragged me out of my house during a "deep cleaning weekend" (I'm trying to get my spring cleaning done now so I can actually enjoy spring) and we went to our first estate sale. 

Look at the beauty I found:
I think it looks like the bamboo style that's super in right now. 

It had a price tag of $5.00 but the lady gave it to me for $3.00


So I painted it silver and I love the way it turned out. 

Problem solved!

Now to get that chair recovered and I will be 91.9% happy with our TV room.  Oh, and the table on the left is hopefully getting painted this weekend.

So far I get these magazines in the mail:
Good Housekeeping
Martha Stewart Living
Martha Stewart Everyday Food (even though I don't cook)
Veranda (my fav)
HouseBeautiful
Traditional Home
Southern Living
Southern Lady

I was watching Sex and the City 2 the other night (I know everyone hated it, but I kinda liked it - it had a happy ending) and I heard this quote from Carrie:
     "I've been cheating on fashion with furniture"

I keep telling myself that this is the LAST winter where I am gonna STOP spending money on the house and invest more in a winter wardrobe.  So far, I bought a new pea coat and that's it.  I think the next magazine subscription I get will be InStyle - I certainly need all the help I can get!!

Happy Friday to YOU.
Joy D. 

5 comments:

Home Is Where the Hart Is said...

Shutup! Shutup! Shutup!
Guess what! Guess who else liked S&tC 2? ME! And my sister too! We looooved it! I can never get enough S&tC and if you take the movie for what it is (a total chich flick w great clothes) how could you be disappointed?
Also, can you puh-leez come do some work at our house? It needs it! Everything you DIY looks so cute. I can not DIY. Not at all.

I love mags too...but try not to get carried away. I've had a subscription to InStyle since I was old enough to read. Seriously, as a kid I would sit and pour over the beautiful glossy photos. You want to know how much I love InStyle? I still have THE very first issue of InStyle ever published! That's right. I was in 5th grade (or maybe 6th) and purchased it at the drug store....and I've kept it ever since. InStyle is hands down my favorite magazine and the one I think every lady should read. Hmmmm...I think I need to do a blog post about this. Yes. Yes, I do.
Oh...and I also subscribe to Southern Living.
Mr D has a subscription to Surfer and Surfing (that's right...both with such original names. Ha!), as well as Details and Success.

(Ummmm...is this the longest blog comment ever or what?!? Sorry about that.)

SKBPINKGREEN said...

LOVE that magazine rack painted in silver-looks perfect! I too have a magazine problem at my house and they are currently stacked about 2 feet high-not a good thing! Need to find some cute ideas for mine-thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

I too love magazines!! My obsession goes back to Bop, Tiger Beat, Sassy!, etc. Real Simple is probably my favorite these days :)

Miss Southern Prep said...

I love reading magazines, too! There are at least 20 in a storage ottoman in my dorm room. I know I need to get rid of some, but I just can't part with them! I love your new magazine rack--it looks fabulous in silver! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

MandieCornwell said...

Hi Joy! An old friend of mine shared your blog with me and I LOVE it! I've had my blog for a while, but just recently started postings some things and haven't really posted much to my profile...BUT...I'm finding the more I post, the more I want to post! Your blog inspires me! Yay!

http://thepaperbaker.blogspot.com/