Thursday, February 10, 2011

Could I Pull This Off??

I've been on a one shoulder kick for a year now (ever since I picked out my bridesmaids dresses LAST February).  But I'm not sure how I feel about the long sleeve.  I don't LOVE it and I don't hate it. 

Yes, I still have a bad itch to get a new dress.  I'm trying to tell myself if I lose the 5 pounds I've gained since the wedding (yes, I have completely gone off the rocker and I'm eating junk like 3-5 times a day) I'll treat myself to a new dress....and bathing suit...

However, I need to save all my peanuts and totally splurge on the biggest dress event of the year - the derby!!!! I have been giddy with JOY ever since I got tickets a few months ago.  I've been trying to make plans but the hubby is telling me it's too early to be planning. BOO.  I've been a natural born "planner" ever since I was teeny tiny.  I plan everything. Way in advanced.  In fact, I've already planned what my Christmas cards will look like for this year ;)  And I've been planning my Halloween decorations as well.

I've even planned my first giveaway.  But I have some more "preparing" to do before I announce it.  Stay tuned!

8 comments:

Virginia said...

I LOVE this dress, it's hands down one of my favorites from Lilly Spring! It's something different, and the one shoulder longsleeve is the perfect amount of skin! Go for it, too pretty to pass up! Virginia
www.sweetcarolinagirlvm.blogspot.com

Katherine said...

love the dress & you could totally pull it off! oh and you do NOT need to lose any weight!! When I saw you at JL I was thinking how skinny minny you are!

Whim Wham Life said...

Just found your sweet blog! I'm always excited to see a Kentucky blogger, because my sis-in-law lives there and it reminds me of her! Miss her so! Oooh, the derby! So fun. I love how your hubby tries to hold you back on planning. Girls get so excited to plan though, it's who we are:-) Happy Thursday! xoxo

SKBPINKGREEN said...

That dress is one of my FAVORITES and would look fantastic on you! And for the early planning, if we didn't do that what would we look forward to??

Home Is Where the Hart Is said...

LOVE the dress!
Can't wait for the give away!
And to see the Christmas cards and Halloween decs. :)

Daily Days of MKH said...

I LOVE the one-shoulder. I am a HUGE fan of the new 2011 Lilly. I think it is the best in the last few years. Love your blog, have a great weekend!

Daily Days of MKH said...

BTW, I just saw that you like Mary Kay Andrews, and she is by far my favorite author. I am beyond excited for her new book to come out!

Jill said...

LOVE the dress--you've totally got it girl! :)