Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Blogger

Hey Guys,

Thanks for visiting my blog! I am soooo new to the blog world so you'll definitely have to bare with me. I just got introduced to blogging a couple of weeks ago when my good friend MC sent me a link to hers. After checking back daily for her new post, I started reading similar blogs, and each blog I read just got me more and more excited and determined to finally finish my "nesting" project I started over a year ago! It's hard to believe that it has been more then a year since I moved into Brian's townhouse on Montavesta.



A Brief History of the Townhouse:

Brian's parents bought this townhouse about 5 years ago when the twins were in college. Believe me when I say this townhouse has seen it all! I think the best way to describe it is that it was a fraternity house to a lot of boys, except no house mom to clean up after them!! Different guys would move in and out whenever they pleased, weekend crashers would stay and live in the basement for weeks (the basement will be a whole other series of post to come), weekend parties that would never get cleaned up... but instead would just get added onto at the next weekend bash. Needless to say, when Brian and I first started dating, we spent a lot of time at my place!



I guess you could say that it wasn't until I got really comfortable with our relationship when I finally put my foot down and talked some sense into Brian about cleaning the place up. And very SLOWLY but surely, it has been coming together little by little. The one thing I have learned from this experience is that when guys move out of a place, they don't take all their stuff with them... they only take the stuff they really want!! I have cleaned out so many closets of past roommates belongings and old clothes, I have one closet left to go through and then the local homeless shelter is going to get a big delivery from me! We have thrown out tons and tons of broken furniture, old stereo systems, etc... but we're almost there!! And don't get me started on the paint colors and wall papered rooms, I was able to take some before pictures that will be posted later as soon as I figure out how to do it!



The townhouse is over 2,000 square feet... that we just recently bought from his parents with the tax credit I qualified for (Brian didn't, teehee). It's four bedrooms, 2 full baths, one half bath, family room, kitchen, dining room, nice living room area, little study (that I recently took over from Brian), finished basement, storage room, front hall way, and one car garage. Oh, and we do have a back deck and a little bit of a yard. And the best part is that the townhouse has 9 closets! I have one big closet designated to all my beautiful dresses that I love so much! The townhouse also backs up to my old elementary school. At recess, we use to play along the fence line, kind of a small world that I would end up living there some day. So we have a huge playground and lots and lots of grass that opens up to us, there is also a 1 1/2 mile track, tennis courts, and basketball courts behind us as well that we use to our advantage.



Well thanks for reading, more post, home renovations, and pictures to come. Tonights project for me is to watch the virtual tour of how to use this blogspot.

Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Mary Carolyn Rentz said...

Welcome to blog land Joy! I am so excited to see your B&A's. (Before and Afters) How impressive, a wedding and home improvements. You do it all! Love you, can't wait to see you in Oct! Do you want me to bring my tools? JK!