Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My New Favorite App

I've never met anyone so obsessed with Craigslist than Brian. I don't think I even knew what it was until we started dating. Brian checks Craigslist as much as I check my email and Facebook (I'm slowly backing down from Facebook, bout time too).

Now he's made some really good purchases (example our TV, bathroom cabinet) and some REALLY bad purchases (the couches, Halloween decorations that he was really trying to be sweet about but totally got ripped off).

I have not made my first Craigslist purchase yet, I came really close to getting this dining room table But it turned out that the table photographed a lot better than it actually looked. Oh well.

One thing I do not like about Craigslist is that if you go to look at something, you feel more inclined to buy it. And we usually end up buying it too. I've tried to come up with body language signs to let one another know we either need to walk away or totally go for it, however, Brian hasn't 100% agreed to cooperate with this...yet. In fact, I was really proud that we DID walk away from the dining room table.

And Craigslist takes up a lot of time too. But now I have a new app for my phone that makes it so much easier to scroll through Craigslist. And it is free!!

The CraigsPro Application let's you narrow down what you are looking for.
For instance, I have my settings only to show me post with pictures and post by sellers only, no dealers. And it shows me the picture as I'm scrolling down.

This has definitely turned into my new way of killing some time.
So I'm still waiting for that special piece to pop up on my CraigsPro but until then, this app definitely makes Craigslist a lot more enjoyable.
Happy Hunting.

1 comment:

Mary Carolyn Rentz said...

What? An app for Craigslist? Your blog is the best! So informative!