Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Recap

Wow - I had a VERY, very busy weekend.  So busy that I didn't have a chance to get one project finished -but it's OK, I needed the weekend off.

Brian had sent me an email on Friday asking if I wanted to have a date night - I had been a lil stressed this past week with cleaning, organizing, the usual things that I go crazy over.

-First up on the weekend agenda:  I was wined and dined at Dudley's.  


We even received a dessert "on the house" - we weren't quite sure why, but I'm pretty sure one of the employees had something to do with it.  He was someone I had gone to elementary and high school with who was aware of our recent nuptials and he came to the table to congratulate us.  Thanks Ryan!!

-Then we went to see "The Green Hornet" 

I have mixed reviews about the movie.  I really can't decide if I liked it or not, I think the only thing holding me back from NOT liking it, is that I'm a pretty big fan of Seth Rogen.  

-Saturday, I attended the baby shower of an old friend.  Alison and John will be welcoming their first baby this April.  It's so much fun to see people you've grown up with become grown ups themselves.  I can't wait to meet Woods Douglas Randolph!!  
I WISH I could claim credit for this adorable basket - it's now in my idea folder. 
 One of my New Years resolutions was to take the time and WRAP presents, not just stuffing them in a bag with some tissue.  I have my friend, MC, who has helped inspire this.  

I got Alison a bathtub - but there was NO WAY I could wrap this!! So instead,  I tried to jazz up the appearance of the tub and recreate a bath scene.  
I hope I made ya proud MC!

I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEE all details involved with showers and parties, here are a few pics for ya. 


I'm kind of obsessed...ok I kinda LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE Julep Cups. 

My friend Melissa makes the most beautiful flower arrangements!!



And Paul Revere bowls, I loooovvveee them.  I will have a separate post dedicated to Julep Cups and Paul Revere bowls.  They were the only things I requested from my florist for table arrangements at the wedding.  They are also 2 of my favorite things to decorate with.  

-Then we went to a friends house for a poker tournament.  
 I have and still have no idea how the heck to play this game.  I went to the party only hoping to be Brian's arm candy and for some socializing, but somehow I got talked into playing.  I was told I'd pick it up really fast - I definitely didn't pick it up AT ALL.  I'm much better with card games like speed, go fish, spades, etc... but I am going to make an attempt to learn the game of poker so that I can bring a lil more competition to the table next year. 

-Sunday, we had a VERY important event to attend in Louisville.  I have been looking forward to this for weeks now!! 

A pic from our wedding
This handsome stud turned one - our nephew - Paul Dineen Ford.  Happy Birthday Paul!!!




I think he liked it
I sat at the kid table...just jokin!! They didn't want me to sit with them =(
I got some REALLY good advice for a present idea.  

I think he liked it, THANKS MARKEY!!! 

Oh yeah, he DEF liked our present!!
And last but not least on my weekend recap, I got 3 new followers =)  I also got a lot of compliments from people about my blog. 

A new mommy told me she reads my blog at 3 in the mornin while she is pumpin milk.  

I even found out that I have a male viewer who likes my blog, thanks Robert =)  

Every time I get a new follower or a new comment, it motivates me to keep blogging.  SO THANK YOU EVERYONE SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! So, uh if your not following yet....will you follow me?? Pretty please?? With meatballs on top??

6 comments:

simply shea said...

i agree. every time i see i have a new follower i'm dying to know who it is and how they found me!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog! Stay tuned in for Friday as we announce the winner of the Lowe's giveaway!
Xo,
E&J

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog! Stay tuned in for Friday as we announce the winner of the Lowe's giveaway!
Xo,
E&J

Jill said...

Hey! I just hopped over from Britt's blog! I would LOVEEEE if you joined our Book Club. I've never done one before but am excited about the prospect AND meeting new people, so fun fun :) I am going to follow you, I love finding fellow Lexington bloggers.

Mary Carolyn Rentz said...

The rubber ducky bathtub is precious! Good job, I am very proud indeed. Melissa's flowers are stunning.... What kind of camera do you have, your pics looks great. Miss you!

Jenna kane said...

Joy-
I found your blog via my facebook news feed and checked it out b/c I was bored. I must say that I have really enjoyed reading it. I myself am a DIYer and have really liked all of your projects. I really like the bench that you refurbished; it was super cute! Now I'm looking forward to see what you do with the rest of the house. I'm glad that you and Brian are doing so well; please tell him that I said hello.

Jenna