Thursday, January 13, 2011

Houndstooth - How I Love Thee

As I was reading through my WONDERFUL AND AMAZING comments that I LOVE SO DEARLY - I read a comment from my cousin, Jana, that made me remember when I was telling her about my bench project - she didn't know what houndstooth was.  GASP. 

A better view for you. 

So I googled it...I googled it a lot:

"Characterized by broken checks or abstract four-pointed shapes, often in black and white, although other colours are used." 

And boy, does it come in a lot of other colors.  Some of my faves:


     Of course I am going to put green first!

      There are a ton of different pink shades


        I really like this soft grey color. 


"Houndstooth checks originated in woven wool cloth of the Scottish Lowlands"

I love it so much - it's such a classic look. Big Thank You to the Scottish!!  

It's great for clothing



      Ummmm, can I please get this????


In the home

          This is adorable.  I have a set of twin beds that I've been hoarding in my storage room.  I've been looking for something to do with them. Perfect.



Accessories

This would motivate me to play golf with Brian this summer




       Howie and Patterson could be stylin to the vet in this!

       And let's not forget something for my puppy (any day now, Brian is gonna cave - I hope)



Houndstooth for my hound



Ok, you get it.  I love Houndstooth.  And I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for it. 



3 comments:

Katherine said...

just came across this and had to come back to your blog & share!

http://www.shelterpop.com/2010/12/20/houndstooth-area-rugs/

jana said...

now that i see it on clothes i realize that i've actually seen it A LOT on like politicians and celebrities....look at you being all up and coming-ish!! your southern belle training has taught you well!!

Jill said...

Okay now listen...I didn't know what houndstooth was called for a long time, LOL. But now I do, especially since I just recently purchased a houndstooth scarf. From eBay, no less...but still. I got what I wanted at a price that was just right ;) And I've already gotten several compliments so I love it!