Friday, June 4, 2010

Open Buffet

So High on the Tide is working on her new buffet and I caaaannnn'tttt waaaaaiiiiittttt to see what she has done!!!! (check out her post on it here)

We inherited an old buffet from Brian's grandmother last summer and I loooovvvveeee switching up the decor on it! This is what I have goin on right now

Actually...this is what I had goin on 2 weeks ago. During my Memorial Day cleaning I rearranged some things. Derby Pattern table runner is off and actually I switched everything to the opposite side.

Brian: "So does the fruit really look that much different on the right side now?" (Sarcasm is VERY strong in this phrase).

Me: "Yes, it was getting old being on the left."

I love this buffet but I love that everytime Brian's mom comes over, she is so happy we have it, that it's a functioning piece of furniture in our house, and that I have have taken good care of it (I polish it about once a week). She always says that Brian's grandmother would be so happy - definitely makes me feel good.

I don't like the handles though - they are a bit too much for my Plain Jane taste. No luck at Hobby Lobby - so this is something else that has been added to my ongoing "look-out" list.

I'd LOOOOVVVEEE to have the dining room be horse themed with big racing pictures and horse decor, not in the budget right now, but one day!

Also, before I end this post, I'd just like to point out that Brian is VERY PROUD of how even he got these 4 pictures up. The laser leveler is one of our best friends. If you don't have one, it would make a GREAT stocking stuffer for the Mister. Wait, am I already thinking about Christmas????
Happy Friday,
Joy

2 comments:

EMILY said...

Love the buffett decor!!!! and don't change and knobs... they are beautiful!!! There is an open layout where we are right now so I don't even have a wall to put mine against. It is up currently in front of the kitchen counter/bar. :( I am trying to be creative even with the open space above, but I would love to hang framed prints like yours one day! :) And I love horse images too!

Stef said...

You guys better get that laser level ready for when I move in a few months!! :)